Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Girl's with SPEEDY wheels!!

Shawn & I took the girl's to the park last Friday and they got to ride their bikes on the trails and they were so EXCITED. I had been wanting to take them and finally we did it! We started off on a trail and Shawn said it was a 2.3 mile trail no big deal right. So we set off and they were like lighting. After a LONG while I said to Shawn do you think we might be almost back my feet, which I had flip flops on were starting to really hurt all the sudden and he assured me it should be about to dump us back out to the truck. After another fifteen minutes or so I can feel blisters in between my big toes and it SUCKS! So we see this old road we had passed about half way back so Shawn decides it's the quick way out. So we see this jogger go by as we head off onto this deserted road in the middle of the park. We did see a doe about four feet off the trail. SO we walked and walked and the kid's rode and rode. Then we pass the jogger AGAIN! Mind you my poor toes had blistered and burst, so after walking back we seen the sign it was a 5 something mile trail plus when were almost out we re-walked the trail. Needless to say we were gone over two hours of walking and riding and besides my toes it was an AWESOME time. The girl's loved being able to ride like CrAzY! Next time Shawn & I will take bikes, we didn't this time because we weren't sure how the girl's would handle the trails but they did GREAT! Afterwards we played at the park. My feet are better incase anyone cares! LOL

No comments: