Monday, March 30, 2009

Train - American Girl - Chicago

I started planning this trip last year in August for Cassidy's 8th Birthday! Brooke will go when she turns 8 if she'd like too!! Anyways.....We decided to drive to South Bend, IN and take the train into Chicago. I asked my mom to go along to share the tradition and experience. We waited for months and finally the big day came.........

After letting Cassidy sleep in and dropping Brooke off to get to school. Mom, Cassidy & I drove to South Bend, IN and missed the train, I had printed a weekend schedule and they don't consider Friday a weekend so a nice lady at the counter wrote some directions on a post it note and we drove to Michigan City by the time we got there they are an hour behind and we had an hour and 45 minute wait - I was thinking is this a sign but Mom being all calm we waited and time flew so we hopped on there! It went really fast and we were glad not to have to drive in the city, once we heard all the HONKING!! Ahhhh, now I know why my Dad hated the horn! LMAO


We had so much fun shopping and eating and exploring the city! It was great! We did so much walking it was unreal but so worth it! We LOVE Chicago!


The American Girl store itself was truly AMAZING!! We loved it!! Cassidy picked a doll that looks like her and she named her Carly as in the show iCarly!


We had a reservation for months to eat lunch at the Cafe inside American Girl and it was the BEST thing ever! The food was AWESOME and the attention to our table was just awesome too! Cassidy was the first girl they came out to sing Happy birthday to and it was so funny to watch her. I was so proud of how grown she has become and such a young lady! I love her so much!!


Cassidy LOVED looking at the clothes and dolls. We got Carly's ear pierced and picked out several outfits and things she NEEDED!!


American Girl was so AWESOME!

No comments: