Monday, December 17, 2007

The GREAT mouse catcher...that's me!


Okay well today I noticed some mouse type droppings and we have lived here six and a half years and we have never had a mouse in the house. So why now? Why when Shawn isn't going to be home tonight? Cassidy is terrified of everything so she was a perfect target to tease all day "there's the mouse" and she'd scream and Brooke & I'd laugh. Then we'd tease Brooke too. Well Cassidy woke up about 11:30, she was having bad dreams about the mouse. Poor thing! Her heart was beating so hard it felt like it was going to beat right out of her chest! We should have been more kind to her fear. Well I was in the restroom and she was asking from her bed for some water and I said sure but we are out of TP and Brooke is to busy watching Spongebob and it's still in the breezeway from shopping. So Cassidy ran right out and said I'll go get it for you momma! So she did and as she came back in that damn mouse ran out from the bathroom pantry right behind her like two inches from her feet. I was in shock so I said real calm Cassidy the mouse is right behind you please come closer to me, now! So she did and Brooke came running in (Spongebob came less important now), and they were all scared so Cassidy went and got me a shoe crying and what not the whole time mind you. I tell her to call your dad and I shut the door. I open the pantry and stirred some things around and out it came again!! I yell eww and the kid's come are you okay are you okay and I can hear Shawn on the two way!! I'm sure he finds this amusing out on the big road! So anyways I decide to go grab a bowl and try to catch him, who wants to kill a mouse with MY shoe? He was a fast little sucker to boot! So I stir things around again and out it comes and it climbs up the bath and on the edge starring me down so I swat it down into the bath tub and put the bowl over it!! CAUGHT at last!! YEAH GO MOM!! lol So he's under my pyrex in the tub, where it will be waiting for Shawn tomorrow!! I'll be using some bleach tomorrow after it leaves! Brooke just said it's so cute can we get a cage and keep him! Cassidy & I say NO WAY!!!

1 comment:

A Blip In My Life said...

I cannot stop laughing! There is never a dull moment. You handled it much better than me. Love ya